The model PG43SA diaphragm pressure gauge has been specifically designed for the requirements of sanitary applications.
The purely mechanical pressure transmission, using the diaphragm-element measuring principle, and the high overpressure safety ensure a safe pressure measurement. As a result of the dry measuring cell, the risk of contamination of the product by transmission fluid is eliminated. The flush welded diaphragm element in conjuction with the aseptic process connections enables a dead-space free connections to the process.
The instrument finds applications, for example, in system for ultrapure steam generation or as an independent pressure display, without the need for an external power supply, on portable tanks.
The PG43SA-S in hygienic design can be used for CIP (cleaning in place) and SIP (sterilisation in place) and in wash-down areas, and optionally it canbe copletely sterilised in an autoclave. The measuring instrument can thus be cleaned reliably and time-efficiently. At an easily accessible point on the top of the case, the zero point can be easily corrected.
Based on a third party verification, the model PG43SA-S corresponds to the 3-A Sanitary Standard.
A variety of 3.1 and 2.2 certificates available for GMP-compliant documentation, such as material certificate or the list of single measured values.
- Hygienic pressure measurement is sanitary applications for the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, food and beverage industries.
- Mechanical pressure display on pipilines, fermenters, bioreactors and vessels.
- Pressure/vacuum monitoring during cleaning, sterilisation, pressure testing
- For gases, compressed air, vapour; liquid, pasty,powdery and crystallising media.
- Safety via mechanical pressure transmission
- Case and wetted parts in hygienic design
- Suitable for SIP and CIP, optionally completely autoclave
- Simple zero point setting
- High overpressure safety
Nominal size in mm
Steady: Full scale value
Scale range <4 bar: Full scale value
Scale range ≥4 bar: 2/3 x full scale value
Option: Vacuum safety
2x full scale value, max. 40 bar or max. pressure rating (PN) of the process connection
Option: 5x full scale value, max. 40 bar or max. pressure rating (PN) of the process
Ambient: -20 … +60 °C
Medium: -20 … +150 °C
CIP and SIP: 150 °C continuously for wetted parts
Option: Autoclavable, max. 134 °C, ≤ 20 minutes
When the temperature of the measuring system deviates from the reference
temperature (+20 °C): max. ±0.5 % / 10 K of full scale value