The Tuthill FR1612 is a positive displacement, rotary vane pump. The pump is designed to run on 12VDC power and supply a flow rate of up to 10 GPM (40 LPM) with diesel fuel. The FR1614 and FR1616 system consist of the FR1612 pump with accessories.
1.Select inlet and outlet hoses or pipes compatible with diesel thatcan withstand at least 50psi. Ports are 3/4” NPT. Tighten fittingssecurely to a liquid tight seal.
2.Install the strainer provided at the inlet to the suction hose toprevent debris from being drawn into the pump.
3.Use a nozzle or valve at the end of the discharge hose that can beshut off tightly to prevent accidental siphoning when the pump is notin use.
Electrical Installation For All Models :
- Connect the battery clips provided to a suitable 12 Volt DC supplycapable of delivering the necessary current and voltage.
- The red clip is attached to the positive (+) battery terminal.
- Black clip is attached to the negative (-) battery terminal or thevehicle frame.
- DO NOT employ a patch cord to extend the cables. If the cableprovided is not long enough, have it replaced by an authorized electrician.
- The pump may be powered by a battery charger of suitable voltage.To prevent possible fire from sparks, never connect the terminalsfrom the battery charger to the pump directly. Always connect thebattery clips from the pump to the terminals on the charger
Product Specifications :
- Construction—Pump Housing : Cast Iron
- Maximum flow rate (with factory supplied hose & nozzle) : Up to 10 GPM
- Rotor Composition : Iron
- Motor Horsepower : 1/5 HP
- Amp Draw : 17Amp
- RPM : 3800
- Voltage : 12 VDC
- Fuse in power cable : 30 Amp
- Inlet : 3/4” NPT
- Outlet : 3/4” NPT
- Vane Material : Acetal
- Duty Cycle : 30 Minutes
- Seal Material (Rotor Cover Seal / Shaft Seal) : NBR / HNBR