Woltman type water meters can be used for flow rates higher than Qn 15 m³/h. They are thereby distinguished by ensuring an especially low head loss, even with high flow rates.
The newly developed measuring insert with a special construction of the turbine where the water flows through, guarantees a high measuring accuracy and long-term stability of the measuring results. Large number rollers on the dry dial counter ensure the readability of the numbers at all times.
Similar to multi-jet meters, Woltman meters measure the velocity of the water flowing through with the help of a turbine. The volume is mechanically calculated, through the known volume of the measuring chamber, and indicated with the roller counters in cubic meters. The unique form of the “paddle wheels” enable the Woltman meters to cover a very large measuring range with especially low head loss. Aside from their construction for high flow rates, they also reliably start measuring with small water quantities.
Active or passive sensors are available for communication with pulse counting modules or automation and control systems. Inductive NAMUR, optical, and Reed sensors can be retrofitted without damaging the calibration seal. Active sensors have a pulse value, depending on the meter size, of either 1 or 10 L/Imp. Reed sensors have a pulse value of 100 L/Imp. up to 10 m³/lmp, depending on the meter size.
Woltman Meter With Parallel Turbine Shaft
Woltman parallel type meters are always used when high flow rates with a relative constant flow rate profile are to be measured. Through its robust construction they not only are capable of covering a large measuring range, but the measuring accuracy is also long-term stable.
The hydrodynamic optimize turbine is reliably operated already at small flow rates and “upwards” it has enough power reserves to reliably measure flow rate peaks. Especially strong bearings with low frition guarantee a long life of the meter.
Reed sensors, optical and inductive-NAMUR sensors can always be retrofitted without damaging the calibration seal. Then the meter can be integrated with data communication or automation and control systems in a simple and flexible way.
Performance characteristics in overview
- Low starting flow, high overload security
- Wide measuring range
- Removable measuring insert
- Low head loss
- Hydraulic bearing relieve for long-term measuring stability
- Retrofittable with active and passive pulsers
- Metal protective cover serially, plastic optional
- Evacuated counter protected from condersation
- Dry dial counter with large number rollers simplifies the readability
- For cold water up to 30°C, with security up to 50°C
- For horizontal, vertical and inclined installation position
- High pressure model PN25/40 upon request
Technical Data :
- Nomina Flow Qn : 15 m³/h
- Nominal Diameter (DN) ; 50 mm
- Overall length (L) : 200 mm
- Metorogical class : B
- Maximum Flow (Short-term) Qmax : 90m³/h
- Maximum Flow (Contant) : 45m³/h
- Minimum Flow Qmin : 0,35 m³/h
- Fow rate with 0.1 bar head loss : 30m³/h
- Head loss at Qmax : 0,1 bar
- Display range : min (2) max (9.999.999 m³)
- Maximum temperature : 50°C
- Operating pressure, max (PN) : 16 bar
- Height (H) ; 200 mm
- Flange diameter (D) : 165 mm